View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 650i convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorgi View Post
Actually another big problem with the OEM system is the fact that BMW changes the pipe diameter from 60mm down to 55mm after the second "joining" resonator, which restricts flow by ~ 20%.

I am not 100% sure what I want to do now either. I want more volume on wide-open-throttle but I don't want to add drone at highway speeds. A performance boost would be a bonus but it's not my number one priority.

It's hard to make a decision on two YouTube videos. It would be great if someone on the forum who's done the resonator delete could add some feedback.
Just left my muffler shop that does all high end cars. Ferrari, Lambo, Aston etc. The guy did my murcielago removed all cats, straight piped into aftermarket exhaust system. Now that was loud.

We put my six on the rack and low and behold I have magna flow mufflers!!! I was told the car had the BMW sports exhaust when I bought her and alot of people here questioned that so I looked for that option and could not find it for the six. Now I know why, there is NO BMW sports exhaust for the six I have magna flow mufflers.

Anyway I told him looking for a better sound and told him about the suggestions made hear. He said the thing to do is remove the front two resonators and place either an X pipe there or H pipe. The x pipe will give a high pitched F-1 sound and the H-pipe a more muscle car. I opted for the X pipe. Then also remove the rear (box resonator) and straight pipe from there to the muffler. 2.5 inch or 60mm all the way. $200 dollars and he said it will sound much better and no droning. The droning is caused from the x pipe placed in the rear near the muffler or just straight pripes. If the x pipe is placed up fron where the front two resonators are you shoudl have no droning. He also said no loss of torque or HP. Getting her done next Tuesday cant wait!

Current cars 2008 650i Convertible full tint, 22' wheels magnoflow 2007 Range Rover HSE supercharged

Past Cars/Glory Days
02 lambo Murcielago
06 Bentley CGT
06 Merc CLS 550
07 Ferrari F430
06 Ferrari F430 Spider
06 Lambo Gallardo
05 Lambo Gallardo
04 Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
01 Ferrari 360 spider
05 Audi S6
02 Porsche targa S
99 Ferrari 360
91 Ferrari 348TS
99 Hummer H1 soft top

Last edited by White Drop Top; 05-25-2011 at 11:55 AM.