I didn't notice this older thread, but now that its revived:
Before placing my ED order for a 535GT, I test-drove:
- 535(non-GT). Nice all around, no complaints about it at all.
- Infiniti M45. I had one of these like 6 years ago or so, and was surprised that it had barely changed, and doesn't really have the fun driving experience I wanted.
- Audi A7. Fun to look at, fun to drive, but it felt way smaller inside than a car this size should, and the price didn't seem in-line with the value.
- Audi Q5. Decided SUV wasn't for me, despite my space/cargo needs.
- BMW X5. Nice, but still felt SUV wasn't my vibe, and no Euro Delivery.
- MB CLS. Too expensive for me.
If the newer-generation A6 was available for a drive and shared some charactersitics with the A7, it might have tipped the scales.
Overally, I wasn't aware of the GT at all (went in to drive the 5 & X5), and when I explored it, it was almost as-is it was targeted specifically to my unique needs (3 pax, dog, cargo, hates SUVs & Wagons).