View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 97 528i manual.
I put Balo's on the front couple month ago. I don't know what to say, they are made in Germany and so far their performance is just what BMW does... Stops you like no other.

Also the pads are important factor in braking and stopping distance (IMO).
But from my experience few days ago when I went and bought lower arms from NAPA which they were the best they can make with life time warranty and they were more expensive than Lomforders, they just didn't fit on the car! The bushing side where there are a lot of teeth, didn't go in the housing where it is supposed to be bolted.

Stick to a German brand because they made the car and they know the sizes and every little spec on the car whereas other companies who try to make parts for those, they are just pathetic.

My point is that there will be small differences and you might not be able to detect them and small details/differences can be hard to detect on rotors but in my case (the control arms) it happened to be easy. They just didn't fit lol. The materials could be better don't get me wrong but if those engineers couldn't make it fit perfectly as it is supposed to, then personally I don't think they are capable of making something they claim to meet or EXCEED OE specs.... Maybe I shouldn't judge on a single experience but it was a very frustrating experience.