View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 09:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to HUMMM 3
Mein Auto: 02 M3 Coupe, Topaz/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmith
I wonder what the Dinan SMG software will do? Also, what is the goal of the Dinan SMG software relative to the Dinan 3.91 Diff mod?
I've been told Dinan developed their S/W on a std 6 speed. When installed on an SMG II car the S/W thought it had reached redline @ about 4K RPM. Apparently there is a sensor somewhere in the SMG II set up that doesn't exist in the std 6 speed. In any event they theoretically have it figured out and are shipping diffs with an additional S/W mod.
This is the story I've been told by the dealer as to why it's taking so long to get my diff. If true, it reinforces my belief that when buying a set of mods as I am, it's a good idea to get it all from the same source so there will be a better chance it will all play together.

The main benefit (?),I'm told, of the S/W package is to remove the top speed limiter, raise the redline to 8150 (this allows you to reach 60 mph in 2nd gear - not sure this applies to the 3.91 diff mod) and provide a more linear throttle mapping.