View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma95 View Post
I shopped around a bit and found a local independent muffler shop that cut the front 2 resonators and welded in 2 straight pipes for $60 last week. Good burble at start up and quiet until you step on it. Nice V8 rasp/crackle over 4K RPM and on downshifts/compression braking. Comments from friends is that it sounds aggressive (when you step on it) but not obnoxious. I have stock exhaust, no engine mods, and kept the 3rd (box) resonator. It's all a matter of personal taste. When I get it back up on a rack I'll take some pics since there always seems to be a fair amount of questions on this topic.

FYI...local national muffler shop chains offered to do the same job for $250?!.
Took my neighborhood shop 20 minutes. I'll be sure and post some video with sound. I'll be sure and include video from inside the car while driving as well (wish more posts had that perspective), since that's where you will hear it most of the time anyway.
video/sound would be great - I'm a little leery of going too loud, especially with the vert...

'07 650i vert, beige/jet black, sports & cold weather pkgs, comfort access, premium sound, sat radio, Miro M6 wheels (with non-RFT super sports), M6 spare tire, tint, windscreen, triple resonator delete, 5W bulbs, corner bulb delete and m-tec fogs
'11 Acura MDX Advance with Entertainment pkg for the family - no mod's