View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Thanks Sep23! Have to say that I followed this very helpful install today while installing the hardwire for my V1. I was able to identify the wires necessary for switched 12v power, and tapped them very easily using the same type of in-line wire taps shown above.

I'm not super happy with the placement of the remote display. My usual place is where the A Pillar meets the dash top. On the F10, it's not really all that flat. I installed it there anyway, as I didn't like any of the other places that I test fit it on. Just personal preference.

As for getting the overhead console open, it's really easy - just pull. I've taken apart a lot of interior trim in my life, so I know the right amount of pressure needed to release the snap-in connectors. Given enough gentle pressure, the whole thing just pops right out. Pull from the windshield side first, as the rear is hooked into the overhead.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians