View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 03:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 Z3
Sweet! Thanks.

I'm resisting the temptation to ask you lots of install related questions. Amp will arrive Monday. I'll just have to open up the "patient" first and see if I can figure it all out without being a pest. Haven't done a car audio installation since the late '70's. Seems guaranteed that a few things may have changed since then

I suppose my biggest fear is being sure I'm careful about having to do any cutting of wires. I will use the wiring diagram floating around the forums and be 100% sure what I'm doing before I start doing surgery. I'll prep a little this weekend by digging into the trunk to ensure I know where everything is situated.

"Measure twice, cut once" as they say.

PS. Also ordered a USA Spec iPod Interface. I really wanted the DICE Mediabridge 1500 but with all the problems people seem to be reporting (including DICE themselves telling me not to buy it until they resolve the firmware issues) I decided to just move on. Hopefully I won't regret buying the Spec interface. Worst case scenario I use it for awhile until the DICE issues are solved and switch to that later.