View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 05:37 AM
Account Under Review

Mein Auto: Turbo BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytone4143 View Post
wow!! thats messed up
No sir whats messed is that we have another internet wannabe mechanic, key board warrior.

This car was brought to me because he could not successfully install the super charger kit himself. When I first saw the car and the condition it was in, I should have declined the job.

The Kit was installed successfully by us, I called an informed the customer about the tight fitment of the BOV. I was asked what can I do ? I said contact AA or the other alternative would be to overnight a another BOV and have it welded on. He said get another BOV. The car was on the dyno and would not make the claimed RWHP.

I pulled the intake manifold after smoke testing the vehicle and found numerous leaks in which we repaired them successfully. Re-Dyno'ed the car better but still not correct.

Compression Test, Leak Down Test was performed. Everything checked out. Remember keep in mind guys Time = Money...

We were super swamped at the time, I told the customer the car has come issues that need to be worked out, our labor rate is $95.00 and hour. I will work on your car in between cars to hep you out financially as best as I can.

The customer would annoyingly call, call from blocked number, phone spoofing etc.

I ended up, installing new plugs, new fuel filter, drain the fuel tank, fuel pressure test, extended dyno time at N/C to him.

The Oxygen sensor were with 1/2 inch from each other welded into the dyno pipe... Such a sight I will never forget,

The customer called on a Saturday and was told NOT to take the car it was not completed. He decided to take his vehicle and blame us for the following.

Control Arm Bushing Torn ? (He improperly installed it himself in which caused failure)

Melted Torched O2 Wiring LOL (He installed the O2 Sensors and had the wring laying on the manifold.

Check Engine light bulb removed, we never removed the cluster no need, besides the car does not have any CEL bulbs, the Cluster has LED's

Broken door handle ? The car was delivered to ICS with the door panels dangling not even fastened !

We got blamed for breaking his dip stock handle in which came apart when checking the oil level.

But the Person to Blame should be himself. For wrenching on his own car doing a swap from Auto to Manual and creating issues and blaming everyone else for taking the the time to clean up the mess he started.. Again Time = Money.

I spent 12-15 Hours plus parts and did not charge the customer. We tried to help the customer. We have done many of these kits 1,2,3 successfully without any issues,... Why because the vehicle was un molested when it was brought in for a Basic Super Charger installation.

BTW the last invoice was written up by my Uncle who has nothing to do with billing, customers etc. He does light mechanical work and keeps an eye on the shop. He also told the customer to wait for me and not to take the vehicle.

It's very exhausting responding to one sided, one minded posts such as these.

Lesson learned never take in a POS vehicle such as this one and try to help the customer when he does not appreciate your efforts.

Last edited by ICS; 06-12-2011 at 05:39 AM.