Thread: Nos help
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 540/6, S60 Volvo, Tribeca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubiricanpapi View Post
Hey I was looking to install a bottle of nitrious to my 540i v8 4.4.any body have hints n tips for me
Ah....so many responses from all of those arm chair quarterbacks.
If done right it will cost you any where from $500 to $1500 depending on how much HP you want. A 40-50 HP system (1 nozzle) will be a quick and easy install on a 540.
I've been using a dual stage setup on my 540 for the last 8 years, got 133k on her now, same engine and it still runs like the day I drove it off the BMW showroom.
The 1st stage is port injected (125HP), the 2nd stage (50HP) sprays into the intake manifold from both ends for better coverage. I also have a water methanol system to ensure there is no pre-detonation.
I've helped a number of guys put smaller 1 injector systems on their cars.
If your serious about doing this I can email you more info. No remapping of the DME is necessary. I've dynoed my car, the air/fuel mixture was well within limits.

The website for the Wizard of NOS is in England, the owner (Trev) can be a pretty abusive guy especially if you question him on anything.
He calls every NOS manufacture here in the US an idiot.
His parts are the "best" just ask him. Everybody else sells junk.
I've got email from a few of their forum members warning me about his temper and the problems they have with some of his systems.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SW5.JPG
Views:	372
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	281392   Click image for larger version

Name:	SW8.JPG
Views:	906
Size:	395.8 KB
ID:	281393   Click image for larger version

Name:	SW9.JPG
Views:	528