View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 06:09 PM

Mein Auto: 750LI
Long Crank Issues on 750Li???

Hey everybody,

I have a 2009 750Li. Recently I've been getting this long crank issue when I try to start the car. It comes and goes randomly. I would say that 80% of the time, it takes 2-3 seconds to start the car, and the other 20% it starts up right away. When I try to start the car, I can hear the alternator going, and it's a good 2-3 seconds before the car would fire up.

I brought it into the dealer on Monday, and today the service manager calls and tells me that they're still trying to figure out what's causing it. She said that she had to bring her "Master Tech" in but he couldn't figure it out, so now the shop foreman is going to check it out.

I brought it into Desert BMW of Las Vegas, thinking that these guys are going to know what they're doing because they got pretty good reviews on Yelp and DealerRater, but my service manager says that she "hopes" it will be resolved by Friday.

Does anybody else have this long crank problem? Are there any BMW service guys here that can help point me in the right direction? It is a very special car to me, and I would really hate it if these guys goes snooping around and break something else in the process. Can anyone help me out with any suggestions?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!
Advertisement