View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 06:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 550ix
Yea, I've got to say, this SportAuto tranny is a mixed bag.

On the one hand I like the overall feel as opposed to, say, my old MB E63 7 speed auto which was a true slush box. The F10 tranny keeps the revs higher and is generally way more responsive. OTOH, the shifts can be very grabby and jerky. Accelerating through the gears in Sport mode you can feel a slight pause at each upshift and it's gotten to the point that when I want to accelerate hard from a roll I'm VERY careful when I press on the pedal so as to avoid a bad jerk. VERY disappointing. I've driven mostly 6-speeds and wifey never complained about the character of my upshifts and downshifts but does notice these.

Everyone's different and frankly this particular problem is not a killer for me so I've held off visiting the dealer; frankly, the misadjusted driver's door latch is more of a bother but I'm so afraid of the service department opening up the door that I've decided to live with that. Eventually I will, however, try to get this tranny thing taken care of, as soon as I hear of a general consensus on a fix.