View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechmac View Post
Wavewuver, Thank you so much for your post with picutres.

To the other idiots complaining that you should not change the oil before 15,000 or 20,000 Km's well I guess you do not actually own the car and are just leasing it. I on the other hand have purchased the car and I am not willing to take a chance especially since there is not a lifetime guarantee on the motor.
Wavewuver, Thank you so much for your post with picutres.

With that out of the way I just want to say that my 28i has 4,400 Km's on it and the oil was pretty dirty to the eye.

Question to Wavewuver... do you have the spec on how tight to make the drain plug? As for the filter cover I matched it right up with the previous color code and lined up nice and tight.

Amount of oil to put in.. I put in 6.5 liters and it is showing full, however you mentioned 7 liters. Why in the world doesn't the manual show the oil quantity spec???

Thats it from my end love the new X3
Thanks for the kind words. I also own my new X3 and would like to baby the engine a bit. An extra oil change here and there is good insurance IMHO.

I'm sure BMW has a recommended torque for the drain plug, but I don't know what it is. Been doing oil changes forever and I just tighten the plug firmly, but careful not to overdo it. Not a very good answer is it.

I used a torque wrench on the filter cap. The torque is imprinted on the cap. After I torqued it, I looked at the painted alignment marks and they were almost lined up.

I put in 7 quarts.......but you are using liters. 6.5 liters is about 7 quarts........

Hope you are enjoying your X3 as much as I am.