View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 04:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 328cic and Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcain View Post
Thanks as always for the write-up. I'm getting both the nostalgia for my first ED (and remembering your ordeal from 3 years ago, actually ) and a glimpse of the next one as we're going to Italy this time around. On that topic, any restaurant recommendations for Lake Como? We're staying in Bellagio but I don't think a nice drive with the top down to go somewhere else is out the question.
Now this, I can answer!

Ristorante Barchetta. It's on one of the "stepped" pedestrian alleys. I know exactly where it is but I don't know the name of the alley. It's popular, you will walk past it if you are staying there.

Get on the ferry and check out Lenno during your stay. Albergo Plinio is a short 5 minute stroll from the dock - waterfront. Our favorite spaghetti bolognese. I also get a filled pasta with sage/butter sauce.

Varenna: Vecchia Varenna on the waterfront. For views, Eremo Gaudio. The food isn't much to crow about, but you won't mind when you see the views from there. Just drink a lot of prosecco.

eek! She's home! In my garage!

Hannah Belle crosses the Alps - the photos

Hannah Belle crosses the Alps - the blog