View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 50i, M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
No, you are more likely to hit nothing with a nimble car, that's the whole point with active safety the bmw way.
I disagree with this statement. If you were to seperate out the many safety advances and just focus on the weight (as the article states, all else equal) then you are better off in a heavier car. Do you think your m3 is safer than the 550- because you pull more gs on the skidpad? No, the heavier, the safer. Please read the article. Its simple math.

We're getting away from the message. I'm sorry the OP is disappointed with his ride. But he, like you (and this has been covered in another thread solstice) should have known that after test drives and looking at the numbers. In short, you set yourself up for disappointment.

2013 E70 X5 50i, Saphirschwarz, Dark Burl Walnut Trim, Multi-contour Seats, Sports Activity Package, Premium Sound, Running Boards

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Lower Control Arm Monoball Kit, Dinan Racing Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Underdrive Pulley Kit, Dinan High Flow Carbon Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual