View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
If you can do the same maneuver in SD and not experience the lag - then it's a software problem (poor software design). But it also might be a matter of degree. The idea that it is "doing what it is designed to do" is a poor excuse that is too often offered when there is nothing wrong with your particular vehicle and "they all do that." The natural and often overlooked conclusion is that "...then they are all defective by design." With poorly designed software, that's what it often comes down to.

I have demonstrated to my tech that I get a 2 second lag when stepping on it as I coast down to 20mph. He readily agreed that it was an issue. My approach is that it is a safety issue (which it seriously is) and I have been presenting it this way. I'll be back in there in 2 weeks. As per BMWNA, the dealer will be working with BMW engineering on it. I think they can tell that I am unwilling to live with it as it is, and I would suggest that nobody should.
I completely agree. I will have to lodge a complaint with BMWNA if they stick to the "normal" conclusion. It has scared me a few times when pulling out from a stop sign into traffic, thinking you have plenty of time and ease onto the accelerator only to find yourself moving like a snail, then having to stomp on it to get moving as traffic nears. Knowing it exists has made me aware and I can compensate for the impending lag. But what if I let someone use the car in the same scenario, who is not aware, and results in a near miss or accident as a result? I see a certified letter to BMWNA in my future...
2011 BMW 528i- Black Saphire Metallic, Black Leather, Prem. Package, Prem. Package 2, Convenience Package, Cold Weather Package, Sport Package,Sport Auto Trans, Anthracite Wood & Headliner, Xenon Lights, Split Fold-down Seats.