View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW '08 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
Anyone recommend a certain brand, or can I just choose based on the chargers capabilities. Would like to get one today from the store which is why I wanted to know what requirements to look for. If a specific brand is the best to get then i can settle by ordering on line and waiting a few days.
Battery Tender plus from Deltran. $46.65 from Amazon. It is the same one you would get from BMW for more money. I have been using one for 3 + years on my Bimmer.

* Solid state two color LED indicates stage of charger; a quick connect harness for use in hard to reach areas
* Perfect for all lead-acid, flooded or sealed maintenance free batteries (AGM and gel cell)
* Complete 4-step charging program (initialization, bulk charge, absorption mode and float mode) that maintains batteries at full charge without overcharging via its 4-step charging system
* Automatically switches to float/maintenance mode voltage after fully charging the battery
* Temperature compensated to ensure optimum charge voltage according to ambient temperature, and spark proof and reverse polarity protected; 10-year limited warranty

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender...9568816&sr=8-1

dj
Dark Poplar
6 Sp Manual
Sport
Premium
Rear Shades

BMW CCA #392316