View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartlett View Post
I have watched the postings for a while. Wanted to voice my opinion. This is not unique to just the F10 series. I have an 06 325 that has a similar design, although not as pronounced. After adjusting to the way I accelarate it becomes less noticable. Try adjusting the way you operate the accelerator peddle. Place your entire foot on the peddle and apply even pressure. I find that this seems to help. The car is great, I used to have an X-5 that you had to do ankle exercises to operate. So I think this is a BMW design that is not going away. Enjoy the awesome car,
While I agree that once you are aware of how the car reacts that you can somewhat compensate for it. My issue is what happens when someone uses the car that either has never driven it before or drives it infrequently and is used to instant acceleration when stepping on the throttle? I feel that the lag might be potentially dangerous in certain scenarios.
2011 BMW 528i- Black Saphire Metallic, Black Leather, Prem. Package, Prem. Package 2, Convenience Package, Cold Weather Package, Sport Package,Sport Auto Trans, Anthracite Wood & Headliner, Xenon Lights, Split Fold-down Seats.