View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Rocket Scientist

Mein Auto: 2010 M3 and 2011 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloan165 View Post
I agree with most of what you said however the money that BMW saves won't go to give us better less expensive cars or even better engineering or simply better cars minus lessening the cost. It will simply go to the share holders who don't care about our cars like we do or the people who service this industry
It's more likely that, directly anyway, it will allow BMW to manage price increase pressures here in the U.S. The cost of their own parts production, cost of shipment of said parts to the U.S., and related costs like money (currency exchange) are only increasing, as might have been the wages of these folks. Cutting costs can increase profitability but it also offsets other unavoidable/less avoidable cost increases that might otherwise require price increases and revenue loss.