View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebee View Post
These big jobs scare me, but, if I ever have to do it, I'll come back here via the bestlinks!
Bluebee, this job is trivial at best!!!!
The good part is the engine is quiet as a mouse now.
Also, I checked on different other forums, and slowly some bad news have started to trickle out. I try to reproduce from memory what one poster said: "yes the i6 guide rails fail too when the chain tensioner is not taken care of, but compared to the v8, it will not entice such a big engine job"
He said that the chain will snap because it will start to elongate, etc, etc. On other forums people with i6 started to come out too with tensioner issues that were addressed. It's a very cheap and a very easy job, which is best done when you change the engine oil. Time is only 10 minutes if you also take your time for a beer.
TMS underdrive pullies - Stewart WP - PSS9 - Beisan Vanos seals - Zimmerman cross-drilled & Akebono Euro - Deka 649 MF - 55w HID headlights - 35w HID foglights - Hualigan double din - ACS (rep) alu pedals - Euro central storage console - Breyton Magic Racing staggered wheels - M5 bumper - M5 steering wheel - Tint
Stable: e39, e53, e46 & Tribby