View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Fight On!

Mein Auto: BMW M3, Z4 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
I worked as General Sales Manager at a large BMW Center for eight years, and that was after stints with Honda, Nissan, and Chrysler/Jeep. From experience, there was something very BMW about even the parts distribution process. I'm serious. It's an attitude I would say, a positive attitude derived from pride of working for arguably the best large auto manufacturer on Earth. I am sure the sheer cleanliness of the facilities was at least a standard deviation above the mean if anyone kept track of that sort of stuff. I am not just blowing smoke out my tailpipe when I say that I doubt that a 3rd-party outsourcer will carry that same level of pride as BMWNA workers do. That goes from the top brass at Woodcliff Lake on down to the undergraduate Summer interns and everyone in between. You all might not notice an obvious difference, but I suspect that dealership personnel will right away...
I was one of the lucky customers who got to buy from your dealership in SB (until you forced us to find a new one! ), and I don't doubt what you're saying about the corporate culture at BMWNA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew*Debbie View Post
http://www.heraldsun.com/view/full_s...omeseventhleft

New Hires at the SC plant are being paid $15/hour -- but SC is a less expensive place to live and they get benefits.
SC is a less expensive place, but I am willing to bet much of the difference comes from union (CA) vs. non-union (SC) affiliations. I doubt BMWNA will be building plants in California any time soon.

BMW CCA Member #xx4477
2006 Z4 M Coupe (e86) 6MT
2013 M3 Coupe (e92) 6MT