View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by blonde24 View Post
I would like to install an AUX input into my 2004 325i bmw. I have no idea how to go about this but getting it installed at the dealer is WAY to expensive. When i called they said i have to start from the trunk (where the main computer is?) and wire it all the way to the radio.. is this true? any one have directions or steps to installing a plug and what plugs/parts to order?
any help would be great..
thanks!
There are a bajillion threads on this topic.. Do a little searching for DIY's. You can get the cable from your dealership or by mail order for around $40 and install it yourself in about 15 minutes. It simply plugs into the back of your head unit, and you can run it to anywhere on or in the dash. I ran mine through the right hinge of the sunglasses cubby with no drilling needed. My Nano lives in there and no one can see it. There are two cables, one for cars with nav, one for cars w/o nav. Just tell your dealer which you have. Also, it is completely compatable with your in-trunk CD changer. All you do once it is installed is push the mode button 'til AUX is displayed, then play your Ipod at full output. Enjoy.