View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeofrosty View Post
While I agree that once you are aware of how the car reacts that you can somewhat compensate for it. My issue is what happens when someone uses the car that either has never driven it before or drives it infrequently and is used to instant acceleration when stepping on the throttle? I feel that the lag might be potentially dangerous in certain scenarios.
This is spot on. My Mom asked to borrow my car because she was taking 3 friends somewhere; her A4 can be a little tight for that. Apart from giving her a demo on how to drive the real-life video game that the F10 is, I can't get over my concern for this unacceptable hesitation.

In fact, tonight, I was yielding at an intersection to make a left turn, and in ANY of the cars I've previously owned (BMWs, Audis, Jeeps) I would have stepped on it and cleared the intersection with ease. With the F10, I waited for oncoming cars to pass to be on the safe side. Not cool.

2008 535xi 6-sp - Blk Sph, Blk Dkta,---2011 535xi - Jet Blk, Blk Dkta, Alum----2014 535xi - Jet Blk, Blk Dkta, Alum Hex
Bamboo | Prem | Cold | Sprt Pkg | Nav -Prem | Prem 2 | Cold | Sport | SAT ---- Cold | DA & DA+ | LED | M-Sprt | SAT | Multi
iPod/USB | Sat | Fld Dwn Seats --- ----Fld Dwn Seats | Side/Top Cameras -- ---HK Audio
Htd Rear Seats | PDC | 18" | Logic7 -- ---
(Good riddance!)