View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 12:40 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by highyo View Post
Why thank you very much, my wife has a great camera and I love taking pics of the car, but it's all amateur stuff. Nikon d200 w a nikor lens. And I caught the car on a perfect rainy morning.
Actually your wife's D200 is a very nice camera, not a consumer-grade DSLR. I have a D200 and D300. A lot of photography is not the equipment, but the "eye" of the person behind the camera. I agree, your shots of your car have been very interesting and way above average composition and technique actually. Also, the quality and capability of the lenses (and Nikon makes some very nice ones) is more important than the actual camera. Me? I'm an advanced amateur with a closet-full of top-grade Nikon gear. You might have a natural photog "eye" and not know it .

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm