View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E63
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2modfast View Post
Good stuff JPEG23...I might also change my gearing when I get my Quaife LSD. It's something I'm really going to look in to. Initially, were you looking to change your gears to a 3.91 or something else? If so, what?
I researched what it looked like might fit on the 6er (I saw BMW had released a 4.11 on the X3's and a 3.91 on the X5) and then I e-mailed Jim and asked; he said the only OEM BMW differential with shorter gearing that would fit the 6er's was the 3.91 from the X5, so this made my decision pretty easy.

Before you go Quaife, I really recommend calling or e-mailing Jim Blanton at performancegearing.com and say JonPaul sent you (maybe he'll give some sort of discount). He really is the best in the business of LSD's on bimmers, they cost $3000 and his differentials just need lube and an installer, they also have a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty.

Install on a differential only takes about 3 or so hours. I got mine replaced for $231 (taxes and labor).

Jim really takes care of his clients and goes the extra mile to make sure you're happy. I was very, very impressed with the knowledge and service I was given!

PS - with the 3.91's I cruise at 65mph at around 2200rpm

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp