View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Bimmerholic

Mein Auto: 2001 530 SP/PP/CWP/Slush
I posted this on this thread but here it is again:

I have some new information, via the parts counter at the stealer. I asked to see the FSU, using Starless's part #. He brought out an FSU with an aluminum housing, which looks exactly like the one Starless used. Then, after asking exactly what car it was for, he said that was the "old one" and brought out the correct one, which looks EXACTLY like the one I bought from AutohausAZ, except (wait for it) it was labeled Sitronic/Valeo, made in Germany. The cost was $116 (versus the $52 I paid). It shares the part # that is in the image I posted from AutohausAZ. He noted that all their electronics are made in Germany, and that any Web site/supplier can claim OEM if the part will work. He said the part THEY use was never made by Behr. Uh oh.

2001 530 Steel Blue Metallic, purchased Dec 03
SP/PP/CWP/Slushbox (I know I know)

OEM M5 bumper, 40% Huper Optik ceramic tint, Dice Silverline Pro iPod adapter, 540SP radial spokes, Zimmerman Z-Coat rotors w/ Hawk HPS pads
"Mods": driveshaft, cooling system, Vanos, CCV, PSR, VCG, FSU, spark plugs, buncha belts-n-hoses, & other things I'd just as soon forget

BMW CCA member for 12 years