View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 11:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to BSTOKES98
Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X5/ BMW 328xi
MY 2011 BMW X5... Emissions Light

I took delivery of my 2011 X5 in December of 2010, I didn't drive it a lot, but my boyfriend had it often, when the car had about 600 miles on it he informed me the engine light was on. I took the car in for service. Also, the rear tire flat indicator came on. I made 4 trips to 4 different BMW dealers within 3 weeks for the tire light. The 4th dealer finally found that it was the tire pressure senor was lose. Now, it is July 2011, the car has been to 3 different dealers for the emissions light about 10 different times. I recently settled a lawsuit with BMW, but I decided to keep the truck (it has sentimental value, ha ha ha). The dealer continues to replace the tank vent valve, pressure boost sensor, and lastly the gas line from the fuel tank to the engine. It seems as though when I accelerate hard (when passing someone), that triggers the light to come on, I think it is really something with the turbos causing the light to come on.

My maps.google.com send to navigation stopped working, I called BMW assist twice, they said they would have a "technician" check into it and call me back. That was over a week ago.

And I also had a 2007 3-series, I am glad they settled the class action lawsuit for the tire issues, I will be getting back most of my money for the 5,000.00 worth of tires I put on that car.