View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 f10 550iX M Sport
New tires on my 550iX M Sport - please HELP!

After numerous bubbles and lots of cringing every time I hit a pot hole, I'm seriously considering new tires. I'd really only like to do this if the new tires will improve my ride considerably and/or noticeably. I'm one who is a little disappointed with the soft feel of the f10 coming from an E60 535iX sport. I will get a separate set of Winter tires IF there is a noticeable difference in the high performance summers vs the all seasons. The two tires I think I've narrowed my decision down to are;

Michelin Pilot Super Sport (max performance summer)

or

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus (ultra high performance all-season)

I would probably prefer the A/S if they will last much longer, I won't have to change tires during the winter, and they are a little stronger and less prone to bubbles.

I will chose the Pilot Super Sports if someone can tell me they've switched from the Eagle LS2's (after driving with the LS2's for a good while) and are MUCH happier.

If anyone has first hand experience with either of these after having driven with the LS2's for some time, please help me out.

I only want to do this if there will be a considerable performance handling boost and these non-run flats will be less prone to bubbles.

Thanks so much!
Advertisement