View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Jaguar F-Type V8 S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post

In any event, the P 4S and 550xi are very different cars, inside and out. TS shouldn't have a problem deciding after further consideration of what he wants in a car

You have that right. In fairness, I doubt these two cars really get cross shopped all that often. I think the 550 is a fantastic car and a tremendous value, but for me the Porsche delivers more (as it should, given the higher cost). Others may disagree, we all vote with our wallets. Porsche is really aiming the Panamera at buyers in the 7 Series and above segment, probably not so much the 5. That the higher end Fives and the lower to mid range Panameras share some price similarity probably isn't by design on the part of either manufacturer.

As for the pretty clear comment, take a look at the cornering speeds and braking numbers. The Panamera corners harder, brakes harder and it can can do so repeatedly as the brakes won't fade. The notion of a car being fast when it can essentially only do it in a straight line doesn't really cut it any more.
BMW 550i, BMW 545i

Last edited by swajames; 08-04-2011 at 09:29 PM.