View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 09:07 AM

Mein Auto: F10 550i/997 GT3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth.Pilot View Post
You're right. The 4S vs 550 comparison is rarely made given the 20k price difference.

I think most people cross shop based on price, so the 550xi if anything might get cross shopped with the V6 Panamera. That choice would be a stark one of performance vs. prestige.
I am between the two cars myself. i think what has Brett and me thinking is the fact that when we option up a 4S, we usually wind up with a ~$107,000 car. A heavier optioned 550xi goes for ~$75,000. Thats over $30K more! not entirely worth it imo, but still hard to pass up.

lease difference is ~$1500 vs ~$900.

so even though we want the 4S, we cannot justify the added cost, thus the flip flopping and wanking.

we love it that you guys are here to slap us around and keep our senses intact...

in the end the 550xi is the better value and will fulfill the same duties. if i want to go really fast or turn super hard i go to the track in my gt3. the sedan is for running the kids around and getting groceries and and laying down rub around town with 500 dinan assisted ponies.