View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Jaguar F-Type V8 S
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseafc View Post
It's great that reviews sing the Panamera's praises on handling and interior, but how much weight do you put on exterior design? The Panamera is hideous. I also loved that Top Gear episode. It gets even worse for the Porsche when it's lined up against the magnificent Aston Martin.
Beauty is, of course, subjective and is in the eye of the beholder, it's a blondes vs brunettes thing. I'm not the biggest fan of the Panamera design, but is one of those cars that is better in the flesh than it is in photographs.

The Rapide is undoubtedly a work of art, but it doesn't really compare too well to even the 4S in terms of performance, let alone the Turbo. Still, while I really like the Panamera, I love the Rapide and it would probably be my preference to either Panamera, it's one case where beauty trumps performance. I've considered (and am still considering) doing just that and taking a good look at a Rapide, it's an absolutely beautiful car. I've toyed with AM frequently and came very close to buying a V8 Vantage roadster when I bought my most recent 997. I'll have an Aston at some point, I just love the cars and the brand and it's an itch I'll have to scratch.
BMW 550i, BMW 545i

Last edited by swajames; 08-05-2011 at 09:01 AM.