View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 09:28 AM

Mein Auto: 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbondanza23 View Post
I totally agree, I just changed my Water Pump, hoses and belts on my 2002 540i, and although nothing adressed my specific year/model, the links on this forum (and some others as well) were an incredible help in preparing for the work in advance of the parts arriving (big thanks to cn90 for the groundwork and writeups!) The ideas really translated for me, also Mike for key tips! Basically did a $700 dealer job for $160 in parts! Bled the air a few times and 2 days later, drove the car from Florida to New York without a drip, the needle didnt budge (of course I was running the computer test program #7 for an exact temperature readout...110 degrees celsius the whole 1000 miles! If anyone needs any tips on the procedure feel free to post and I will respond[ (PS went with the Graf metal impeller)
Does any one have detailed instruction (possibly with pictures) to remove the water pump from V8 540i? I have removed most of the "stuff" (belts, fan, shroud, etc) and just need more details on removing and installing new water pump. Thanks.