In reverse chronological order:
- It's over
- Jobs is summarizing
- Mac or PC. $249. Shipping next month in the US. April worldwide
- Just one more thing... about the iPod mini. It comes in colors. Gold, Silver, Blue, Pink and Green. A whole family of colors. Anodized aluminum.
- Supports both Firewire and USB2. Can charge from USB2 or Firewire. both cables are supplied. And we supply a new belt clip with it. Two accessories. A dock, and am armband.
- When you turn it on, you don't get some cheesy user interface, you get the same user interface as the iPod. We added buttons to the solid state scroll wheel.
- Even smaller then the iPod. It is the size of a business card.
- Instead of 256MB, it's got 4000MB (or 4GB). Instead of 60 songs, it holds 1000 songs. It is half the thickness of these other MP3 players. And we are going to sell it for $249.
- We are going to introduce the second member of the iPod family today. to go after these guys. It's called the iPod Mini.
- Also these players have a bad user interface.
- So, the iPod. Now I want to go back to this market share data. I want to drill down into this a little more. Now, we look at this, and the iPod has the 31% marketshare. What's the rest? The big chunk is flash... about 60% of that. 30% are Flash players between $100-$200. Equal 30% that's under $100. We looked at this high end flash market and we want to go after that. The under $100 flash players get put into a drawer since they don't hold enough songs.
- Last thing. A new ad. People have really liked the new Ad campaign.
- Second thing is a pair of in-ear headphones. come in a cool box. $39.
- Today, we are updating the 10GB to 15GB today for the same price $299.
- In Oct/Nov. We had a 31% marketshare in units. and 55% in revenue. #1 in the entire MP3 space. We think December #s are going to be higher
- Over 2 millionth iPod sold in December. Showing sales curve. (going up)