View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 04:20 AM

Mein Auto: 1996 Mercury Sable LS
Once more into the breech, dear friends...!

So, I've seen this question on here a few times. The classic, E46 M3 or a 2007/8 335i.

I would be purchasing an automatic as I have a broken ankle currently (thank you IED...) and I've read on car sites that the SMG is a great tranny - though I do hear of reliability problems, especially on this forum. Gear sensors, pumps, etc. Not to mention they don't make it anymore.

My dilemma is I absolutely love the style of the E46 and have wanted to own one for years - especially an M badge E46.

However, 2006/5 is getting old and M variants are hard to come by. A newer E90 would be great, especially the 335i, but I also read of so many problems with reliability, especially on the turbos.

I would try to get a CPO since everyone says buying a Bimmer sans warranty is madness - another problem with the E46 M3.

I'm just not sure which would be the smarter decision - more parts for the M3, but problematic tranny and getting older. E90 with CPO warranty, but loads of problems with the turbo, etc.

If it makes a difference, my price range is up to around 28k and I would be paying in full.
Ads by Google