Thread: New to BMW's
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1986 327is
Quote:
Originally Posted by e^2 View Post
It's always the little things huh? Anytime I take something off my 454 it gets painted crinkle black with stainless hardware.

Your ride keeps getting cleaner. Looking good! Any planned date to have it on the road?

1984 325e
2000 323i
My manifold and valve cover are powder-coated matte black and then the raised fins were machined for a uniform look. The hardware is black oxide and zinc plated for the nuts. The studs will eventually rust, but it will take a while, probably be changed again before then. Got a new motor I will be building to swap in the future.

Thanks! Not sure how much longer. Changed the shocks/dampers to Bilstein and one of the rear shock mounts were trashed Ordering a new one. Have to still put the accy's on, TB and harness as far as the engine goes. For the exterior, still have to tighten up the bumpers/trim and replace the rear window spline.

It's tough, though, we will be at the Grassroots Motorsports Challenge Oct. 7th with a new car that's just a shell right now, plus regular shop business is doing good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01325 View Post
Forced,
Have really enjoyed watching the progress with your car, sir.

Good stuff.
Thanks!