View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 09:15 PM

Mein Auto: 128i Convertible
Smile ConnectedDrive

I spent the day on it and got it all to work. The messages indicating much of this doesn't work in the USA are obviously wrong. In case any of you happen on this…..

Download the BMW Connect App from the iPhone store. Connect your iPhone with the USB cable – it doesn't work through Bluetooth. With the cable connected start the BMW Connect app on the iPhone. Then select CONNECTEDDRIVE on your car, then BMW APPS. It does something and connects then the 4 applications show up under BMW APPS on the car. Facebook, Twitter, Calendar and Internet radio.

With the Facebook you can see the live feed of your FB account, have it read posts to you and LIKE posts. The Calendar gives you your calendar from your iPhone. Unfortunately this doesn't work unless the iPhone is USB connected with the BMW Connect app running in the foreground. Change your iPhone to some other app to read your email or take a picture and the link is broken.

BMW Online is another story. That is $199 per year. Talk to them on BMW Assist and have it activated as part of a bunch of other stuff. It takes two days to activate (is what they told me).

The GOOGLE process to send an address to your car's nav system also worked today. It took a while to populate but did work. This is a special Google function and not a general email to your car type function. When you are looking at an address on a map in google click on the tear drop map marker Select MORE and then EMAIL. One of the options is to email to CAR. Select that and you will see a car type dropdown. Select BMW. You must fill in the address you gave BMW when you setup the BMW Assist account.

Last edited by PasadenaMike; 08-20-2011 at 09:17 PM.