View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 M3, 550i , 2008 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPark01 View Post

To the surprise of no one, yes. I thought I was gonna keep this car a long time. I have serious reservations about owning this thing past the warranty period. I really like this car, but these little fiddly things aren't something I'm willing to deal with. The car is a year old, can you imagine the tomfoolery in 5-6 years.
Yup I can imagine,
this is an extra reason why I am moving to an M car.
with the EXCEPTION of the ULTRA FINE Napa leather, and the wood trim.
The whole dash including the rubberized material between windshield and panel,
i-drive, the nicely rubberized internal door handles (already start to worn out)

The doors when they close (usually 2 attempts)
everything feels slightly cheaper than the 2008 E60's / 2007 E90's

Observe the 'roots' of the seats how cheap the plastic is and ready to fall apart.

But not so cheap of course. You see, that napa leather corrects everything that may look wrong. Without the napa, the car looks 'plastic' to me especially if its black interior.

I would keep it till the M5 arrives (assuming you want to pay the extra $)

For the button issue you have, chances are you won't find an individual button and you may have to change the whole module.
But if you would like to make sure,
go to parts, and have the guy pull out on the computer the blueprints about these parts.
See if it is an individual part that can be ordered and then you know the answer.
Sometimes parts are lazy people and /a$hols
so sweet-talk them or do not hesitate to try different people or call/ go to different dealer.