View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Doing the best I can

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
USPS Fail:

On 8/27, the USPS website reports your package is out for delivery. 'Course it never arrived. Asked the mail carrier if he was SURE he didn't have anything for me. He checked and had nothing. His reply to my comment that the package was out for delivery: "Maybe Monday!"

Later that day, the USPS website reports a delivery attempt has been made and notice left. Double checked the mail box and door; no notice. Wonderful!

Then today, the package magically does arrive in the mail, making me wonder who knows more about the whereabouts: the fancy website or the mail guy! I'm curious what the USPS website will update to later today.

Only a government grant can keep these guys in business! How can you provide a tracking number with a parcel and when the customer inquires where it is, the reply is... "Uhmm...well, it looks like we tried to deliver it, I am not sure." :Facepalm:
FedEx was not much better. Sent my ECU (on the Z4) to Active Autowerkes to be reflashed. I get notice they sent it back by FedEx overnight. FedEx tracking (the next day) says they delivered it to my house and someone signed for it. Only problem was I wasn't home and I certainly didn't sign for any delivery. FedEx says nope you got it, we got somebody's signature right here, it's your problem. Well finally the person they actually deliver it to (a business with a very similar address) realizes it's nothing they ordered and now that they look at it, nobody by my name works there, and wait, that's not even the right address. They contact FedEx who then finally contacts me and says I need to go pick up my package at the wrong address if I want it that day. Otherwise, since it's a Friday, they can't pick it up from the wrong address until Monday, then it has to go back to central distribution on Tuesday, get put on the right truck on Wednesday for delivery. Meanwhile I have a car in my garage that can't go anywhere cuz it's missing it's ECU but they could have cared less. So I take off early and go pick it up myself. I understand mistakes happen but I was very disappointed in the complete lack of concern and willingness to do anything to get the part to me as soon as possible even after it was established that it was completey their screw up.

2013 Porsche Boxster S

Last edited by LarkHouston; 08-29-2011 at 02:48 PM.