View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 06:06 AM

Mein Auto: F10 535xi MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by que syrah syrah View Post
There is an automatic locking funtion on the F10 though I'm pretty sure it wouldn't affect valet service.

Automatic locking
The setting is stored for the remote control currently in use.
1. "Settings"
2. "Door locks"
3. Select the desired function.
"Lock if no door is opened"
The vehicle locks automatically after a short period of time if a door is not opened.

Mine is turned on and the only time it has come into play was when my car was in the garage (yes I lock my car in my garage). I unlocked the car to leave, went back inside for about five minutes and it took me about three seconds wondering why my car was locked since I KNEW I had unlocked it. I guess it's a good feature but I'm not sure how practical it really is.
"Lock if no door is opened" means if the car is locked and you unlock it by the remote but do not open the doors, the car will re-lock itself after a few minutes. That is the only time it will "Lock if no door is opened". I'm assuming this feature (this also happens on my wife's Murano) is there to protect you by re-locking the car if you accidently hit the unlock or you get side-tracked after you have hit the unlock button and don't actually go into the car.
2011 535i xDrive, Dark Graphite Metallic, Veneto Beige Dakota Leather, M Sport Package, 316, 322, 3AG, 5AD, 5AG, 5DL, 609, 620, 655, 677, 6FL delivered Christmas Eve '10, Mods - quad tips, 20% tint, JB4.

Last edited by Sharbotcom; 08-30-2011 at 06:08 AM.