View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by quackbury View Post
I don't have my F10 yet, but on our other 2 BMW's with Comfort Access, here's what I'd do.

I'd slide the metal key out of the electronic fob, and lock the trunk (the underfloor compartment in the case of the X5), securing any valuables, before handing over the fob. That way, even if the valet somehow managed to lock the fob in the car (which BMW says is impossible, but why risk it?), I could use the metal key to unlock the driver's door.

BTW don't forget that you can always use BMW Assist to remotely unlock the doors. We did that once, for a slightly different reason. We were on vacation and had left our 2008 X5 in our home garage, locked. Our neighbors called to tell us that our car alarm was going off (probably a big bug flying around in front of the motion sensor), so from 2,000 miles away we had BMW Assist unlock the car, thereby silencing the alarm.
I'm surprised that worked. I used BMW assist once when I locked my key in the trunk of my E60 ( no comfort access ) and was told that it only worked since my car was parked outside. They said they use sattelite transmission to open the car which will only work if the car is in view from the sattelites. I.e it should not work in a garage.

Last edited by solstice; 08-30-2011 at 11:32 AM.