View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 11:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 335i
First off, I certainly appreciate the responses to date. As of 1:56pm central time, I have not received a return call from the GM. This is after BMWNA left a message for the GM early yesterday evening.

I have considered the insurance route, but I am reluctant at this point as I would not only have to take a hit on my premium, eat $1k, but also report that it happened on my property. I worked at a large insurance broker for several years and I do not believe the carrier would accept a claim on the basis it occured prior to me taking ownership.

I have not yet engaged my legal consultant. I believe the GM should be given an opportunity to contact me and try to resolve this. I am not impressed that my calls have not been returned, nor that Suntrup has not contacted BMW of Minntonka to discuss the service findings with their Service Manager. I am not sure what is a reasonable amount of time to let them respond in this situation. It appears in MO a Lemon Law doesn't apply, regardless of this being a CPO vehicle. I'm not sure if it makes a difference the original dealership sold this in Indiana. It appears, in fact, that a user on a different message board I posted this on is actually the private party who sold it to Suntrup. I am waiting for some additional detail from this party if that is the case.

I will update this thread with additional details as I know more. Thank you again for the feedback and comments to date.

Regards,

Doug