View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 04:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny5280 View Post
Page 5 was posted while I was composing my response so I did not see it at the time.

With that said I can't say what caused the leak in the hose. It's possible the mice caused it and it's possible they did not. Without further information we don't know. Regardless the answer to this question does not demonstrate knowledge of the issue by the selling dealer. Or if it is perhaps I'm missing it?

The only repair records I've seen are those from BMW of Minnetonka regarding the efforts they took to identify the problem. What relevance are you placing in these records?
You were under the assumption the SA at the Minnesota dealer was correct the SES light was caused by mice, and as such the original dealer could not have known the issue existed.

My point is, once all the documents are presented, it is very possible the SES light could have been caused by other issues than chewed-up wires.

If it can be reasonably established that a lot of the things that were discovered and repaired could have triggered the SES light, would you still think the initial SA's statement was correct that the SES light was caused by mice chewing on the wires?