View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 08:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny5280 View Post
Why? Do you have some reason to believe the SA is being dishonest? IMO the more reasonable explanation is a miscommunication between the SA and OP. And what does any of this have to do with the selling dealer?
BSing is not automatically being dishonest. I even said earlier, sometimes people say things without putting much thought into it.

SAs are often under stress, they need to wrap up one repair and move on to the next. Often times the answer was chosen so that the customer would stop asking followup questions.

Quote:
What value would an expert add? The paperwork appears to clearly have stated what the problem was.
Since you have valued the dealer's expertise at such a high level, it would not surprise me the other side could find some high value from their own expert work, if such evaluation is necessary.

Let me also point out that given what we have learned from the many issues people had reported on their CPO cars and how dealers had cut corners in the certification process, if I were you, I would not even value a dealer's repair report so highly.