View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 07:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny5280 View Post
I'm not really sure what the issue is any longer. It appears the problem setting the SES was identified and fixed under warranty. Is the SES still being set?
I should clarify. The documentation I provided is all service from BMW of Minnetonka since I purchased the vehicle. The first service visit they performed a number of repairs and reset the SES light thinking they had resolved the issue. When the SES light returned less than 2 days later, I returned and they went back to troubleshooting the problem. They had the vehicle the 2nd time from Thursday morning until Monday morning (yesterday) when they "located" the wires that were damaged and which they've indicated is causing the errors and illuminating the SES light. The SA believes the work completed to date to resolve the issue was unnecessary and the actual problem is the damaged wires caused by rodents (mice).

As of this evening, a formal complaint has been filed with the Attorney General of MO and the BBB. Since the selling GM will not return my calls, I felt this was an appropriate next step as I weigh my options.