View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 05:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
BSing is not automatically being dishonest. I even said earlier, sometimes people say things without putting much thought into it.

SAs are often under stress, they need to wrap up one repair and move on to the next. Often times the answer was chosen so that the customer would stop asking followup questions.
I'm not sure why you have such a low opinion of this SA. From everything the OP has written he seems to be knowledgeable and helpful.

Quote:
Since you have valued the dealer's expertise at such a high level, it would not surprise me the other side could find some high value from their own expert work, if such evaluation is necessary.
I can only go by what the OP has revealed in this thread. From what he has provided I have no reason to question this SA. Especially now that the OP has clarified the SA believes the fault lies with the damaged wiring. However until the wiring is replaced we won't know for certain. Do you have some reason to doubt what the SA said?

Quote:
Let me also point out that given what we have learned from the many issues people had reported on their CPO cars and how dealers had cut corners in the certification process, if I were you, I would not even value a dealer's repair report so highly.
I place little value in a BMW CPO vehicle for the reason you've just described. However in this instance I cannot see how the CPO inspection would have identified the damaged wiring. According to the paperwork uploaded by the OP the wiring is located behind the rear wheel liner and thus not visible unless the liner is removed. Why do you believe the CPO process would have caught this wiring issue? Can you point to the specific CPO checklist item which would have led the person performing the inspection to find the wiring damage?