View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 09:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X3 MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlengr View Post
Yes I want them replaced under warranty which runs out in 8k miles. i don't think .01 is much as .05 but that is why they are arguing they can't replace them. So if they want to split hairs I figure it is only fair for me to bust their chops over it.

They are reporting that after three months of wear with new brakes that the rotors are actually the same or more in thickness. C'mon what kind of BS is that.

Probably going to a seperate ASE shop and ask them to measure them. If they are 23.40 or less which they argue is the point they will replace them, I am going to raise the roof on this one.

Something you don't play games with is braking.
I fully agree that standard practice should be replace rotors with the pads, and that the rigid BMW policy is silly.

That being said, if you really feel that strongly about this being a safety issue, I'd suggest just paying for new rotors yourself, and if necessary new pads (again) to bed them properly.

Not worth dancing with the dealer for 3 more months, standing on principle while you have a constant safety concern, then having them win the staring contest and you've got to pay for it anyway.