View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 01:18 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWfanatic87 View Post
From what I have been reading. Some warranties are based on the year the vehicle was originally purchased from day 1 of it being new. So even if I bought a 6 year warranty on an '08. I would be covered until '14, and not '17 of i bought it in '11.
That is the way my AAA waranty works. I am covered until the car is 7 years old, not 7 years from the time I purchased the warranty (although in my case that is about the same). The AAA warranty will not cover any item that is covered by the factory warranty so I suppose that now that BMW has extended the HPFP warranty to 10 years AAA Autoguard will not cover it, but at this point since the factory 4 years are expired my warranty coverage will be through AAA.

So in a nutshell I would be covered by 7 years from the day I purchased the car by AAA Autoguard regardless of when I purchsased the coverage. The advantage of buying it when the car was new was that it cost less.

I am not sure how much longer I will keep the car but if I do sell it the warranty and the maintenance will tranfer to the new owner.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians

Last edited by captainaudio; 08-31-2011 at 01:19 PM.