View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 06:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by noho335 View Post
If a Certified Pre-Owned BMW is immediately throwing codes, requires multiple part replacements, and the manager of the dealership that sold it won't even return a phone call, my question for BMW is: What good is a Certified Pre-Owned BMW? Used car buyers have been getting this kind of treatment for decades. It seems to me BMW should work with the original dealer to make this right for the buyer, even if it means eating (pun intended) the wiring. Because this makes me question the value of the CPO concept. To be clear - I put this on the dealership, not BMW, but perhaps BMW NA needs to be the grownups here and make sure that their dealer stands up to the promises of their CPO product.
Why do people keep saying this? It didn't require multiple parts replacement. Multiple parts were replaced in an effort to fix the problem. Obviously since the problem still exits those parts replaced were not the problem.

But I agree with you on the CPO certification. I've previously stated I put little value in it.