View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 09:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 Jet Black X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Well yes they are actually, thanks for noticing.

Things are pretty good in oil rich Alberta....and yes a Bimmer is pretty much on par with a Ford up here considering there are more Ford trucks that are worth as much or more than X5's, nevermind the 3 series/C class that make up the majority of BMW/MB sales. Full load Raptors or diesel F250/350's will run you well north of $60K up here with all the goodies.

Just because the farmers and oil guys choose to drive fully loaded Ford trucks doesn't mean they can't afford BMW's or Benz's.

Like I said before, they're just BMW's, not really much of a big deal.
I live in West Texas, so I actually know a thing or two about oil money and rich (cotton) farmers. I was just being sarcastic. Denali's/Slades and 350/3500 series trucks are the dominant vehicles out here. Irregardless of how well things are in Alberta or here, the average person wouldn't consider a Bimmer to be on the same level as a Ford. The big difference is that a $60K Ford/Chevy is top of the line. A $60K Bimmer/Benz is mid-level. The average person doesn't drive a $60K vehicle, no matter the make or model.