Just want to thank everyone who's contributed to this thread. I swapped my control arms out for the Meyle HD at 108k miles and it went pretty smoothly thanks to the detailed write-ups. I used the Harbor Freight Ball joint separator as others have mentioned and the balljoints separated easily.
When tightening down the balljoint, I found it tricky to tighten the 22mm nut while holding counter torque with the 5.5mm-6mm L shaped allen key. Tightening the 22mm nut by itself just causes the balljoint thread to rotate with the nut without counter torque. Despite lowering the hub assembly from the shock , there's still very little clearance to fit the allen key on the end of the balljoint thread. Wiggling the steering back and forth was necessary to get proper clearance. When tightening the bushing side of the arm, I used my jack to raise the hub to "preload" the suspension to simulate the static ride height. Probably not the most accurate way of doing it, but time will tell if they fail prematurely.
Interestingly, the old control arms/bushing that came out was labeled Contitech instead of lemforder, so not sure if these were the original stock or the prior owner had swapped them out once. Despite significant cracks and tears in the old bushings, I never had the classic low speed "shimmy" just some steering vagueness. The new bushings actually don't feel all that different.