View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 06:07 PM

Mein Auto: X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan15 View Post
Tinting is a necessity in Orlando. I lived there for 12 years so i know. NEVER EVER EVER go with a person or company for tinting. Always go through the dealership. Tinting in high humidity environments like Orlando requires the services of professionals who know what they are doing and many dealerships have established relationships with experienced, insured and bonded tinting services.
I must break the bad news and reveal that car dealerships mostly use.....you guessed it, local tint dealers on a sub-contractor basis. However, an indoor reputable facility is recommended over a mobile tinter who is contending with the weather outside.

That said, today's BMW MUST have ceramic or nano-ceramic window film installed to avoid radio interference (this info can usually be found in the owners manual). No, the shark fin on the roof is not your radio antenna, it's actually an orange line hidden amongst the defrosters, making it vulnerable to interference from the wrong product. And with respect to tinters whose family members log on to bimmerfest to plug away, ceramic window films from LLumar DO NOT cost anything less than $239. Be VERY weary of a $140 quote.